The gaming universe is in a up roar, about the revelation that seemed inevitable since the Lucas arts franchise was purchase; Not too long ago by the Disney empire.
For this Gaming studio known for the games such as, the Monkey island series, The Indiana Jones based games, The game studio released many games in the Nineteen Nineties and seemed to have an amazing fan base.
Now that the studio is owned by Disney, They are slowly getting stripped down and causing the gamer world to react. Most of the game news entities already predicted that this was going to be the result since day one of the Disney ownership.
The most talked about is the Star Wars franchise that concerns everyone, since most people who new about the new game that was in development is now seeming to be scrapped and is no longer in development. The 1313 version on the star wars game was widely expected and some people wanted to be able to play that game. Now that expectation is shattered by this new development coming out from the Disney company closing of the Lucas arts studio.
Many developers are and employees of the studio may now be unemployed and looking for work. Now as a result of this move by Disney. Understandable because Disney is a business they will make business rescission that will affect many.
This could be also a good thing for the Lucas franchise now that license for developers are going to be available. A developer can still make the games that they want with the character from the Lucas franchise.
- VIDEO: Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Lays Off Staff (blockjams.com)
- Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 and Other Projects (ugrgaming.com)
- Disney Planning More Layoffs in 2013: Studio and Consumer Products Divisions (z6mag.com)
- Disney shutters LucasArts (massively.joystiq.com)
- Disney Shuts Down LucasArts (allthingsd.com)
- Disney Kills LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 & Other Games (legitreviews.com)
- Disney shuts down LucasArts (destructoid.com)